Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm600 suddenlink

Ackeight
Aspirant

Cm600 suddenlink

I’ve been having problems with my speeds and suddenlink recently. When installer left I was getting 600 down and 50 up. Now it’s 20 down and 2 up. Customer support chat says it’s because I have a 24 channel modem when I need 32 with my type of service. Here are some of the stats. What do you experts say? I just bought a cm700 to see if that will work. Haven’t arrived yet.
Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cm600 suddenlink

Some ISPs require more channels for higher speeds. Let us know if the CM700 works for you. 

@Ackeight wrote:
I’ve been having problems with my speeds and suddenlink recently. When installer left I was getting 600 down and 50 up. Now it’s 20 down and 2 up. Customer support chat says it’s because I have a 24 channel modem when I need 32 with my type of service. Here are some of the stats. What do you experts say? I just bought a cm700 to see if that will work. Haven’t arrived yet.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Some ISPs require more channels for higher speeds. Let us know if the CM700 works for you. 

@Ackeight wrote:

Message 2 of 4
Ackeight
Aspirant

I got the cm700 up and running. Back up to 400 down and 50 up. Not quite the 1 gig I pay for but way better than the cm600 was. Let’s see if it holds.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Well if your paying for 1Gb, you may want to hop into a CM1000 or CM1100 modem. Those are better suited for 1Gb services. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7