Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Combine AX6000 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CAX80) with (WAX630) Access Points mesh?

kortina
Aspirant

Combine AX6000 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CAX80) with (WAX630) Access Points mesh?

I have a mesh of (WAX630) Access Points, and I was thinking about replacing my modem with an AX6000. I see this modem also has wifi and routing, and I'm wondering if it is possible to configure the Wifi to work with my existing access point mesh to allow seamless hopping between the best wifi source for various devices.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Combine AX6000 WiFi Cable Modem Router (CAX80) with (WAX630) Access Points mesh?

The CAX80 works as a main host router and wifi. Doesn't have any MESH support abilities. You'll need to check with your WAX devices to see if they support any kind of extender modes. If they do then they could connecte to the CAX80 wifi. Or use them in AP mode and ether disable the wifi on the CAX80 or you could have two separate wifi SSID names. 

Message 2 of 4
kortina
Aspirant

OK, I'll probably either disable the CAX80 wifi and just use it as a wired router or run 2 separate networks.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

That works too.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7