Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connect Sonos to Nighthawk with Cheap Switch

SonosUser
Follower

Connect Sonos to Nighthawk with Cheap Switch

Hi there are a few closed threads about Sonos-router connection issues so I wanted to start a new one to confirm that a very simple solution works to hardwire Sonos to a Nighthawk with a cheap switch.

I have a Sonos setup (about ten speakers throughout the house) that starts from a Sonos Bridge that was hardwired to an older Apple Time Capsule router. I replaced the old router yesterday with a new « NETGEAR - Nighthawk AX5200 WiFi 6 Router
Model: RAX48-100NAS» and everything worked seamlessly except for my whole Sonos system which became invisible. I googled threads and one recommendation here was to buy a simple ethernet switch and put it between the Nighthawk and the Bridge.

I got a «Findway 2 Ports Network Switch Splitter Selector Hub 2-in 1-Out or 1-in 2-Out 100M MT-RJ45-2M» for $7 from Amazon, plugged it in and my whole Sonos system came back immediately. I have to add that thirty minutes later it seems to work much better with this more powerful and modern router.

It seems, based on earlier posts, that there is some firewall incompatibility or IP address limitation and luckily a workable, very slightly clunky solution. I also have deactivated the Armor Now service, not sure whether that was needed or not, no intention to pay for it anyway.

Pretty pleased here, thanks to user for posting about it!
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connect Sonos to Nighthawk with Cheap Switch

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7