Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connect to Netgear CG3700 with "router" turned to Off?

gomespablo
Follower

Connect to Netgear CG3700 with "router" turned to Off?

My ISP provided me with a Netgear rounter with coax input. The routers wifi has been really **bleep**ty and not working properly so I get a new router and are now using the Netgear only as a modem between the plug in the wall and the new router. Under settings I turned off router mode on the Netgear. But I forgot to first disable wifi so there's still two wifi's broadcasted from the Netgear router. Otherwise everything is working as I wanted it to.
How do I connect (enter the menus/settings) to the "thing" now that it's not really a router anymore? I tried to connect via cable directly to LAN # 1 and the usual 192... address but couldn't.

Message 1 of 4

What is this CG3700? I can't find it in the Netgear system?

Could it be the C3700 cable modem/router? Or is it something that Netgear hand rolled for your ISP?

There is a manual for the C3700 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> C3700 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

It is probably much the same for your device.

@gomespablo wrote:

But I forgot to first disable wifi so there's still two wifi's broadcasted from the Netgear router.

If it is the C3700, then there is a switch on the top that turns off the wifi. See the bit in the manual LED and button descriptions. Easily missed because it combines a switch and an indicator.

@gomespablo wrote:

How do I connect (enter the menus/settings) to the "thing" now that it's not really a router anymore?

As the thing is still broadcasting wifi, you could see if you can track down the IP address of the wifi from the modem/router, then aim a browser at that IP address. If you are lucky it will throw you into the browser graphical user interface (GUI) for the modem/router.

You could use the Network Map in the desktop genie to reveal the IP address.

Is the ISP charging rent for this modem/router? If so, I'd be tempted to return it and buy a "modem only" cable modem.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

GC3700 is a Netgear OEM device - contact your ISP for any support or assistance.
Message 3 of 4
antinode
Guru

> [...] and the usual 192... address but couldn't.

What, exactly, does "the usual 192... address" mean to you?  Did you
try "192.168.100.1" (the default address to access a DOCSIS modem)?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7