Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected TrenNet Ethernet Switch and lost my net gear wifi and can not even log to Netgear

Kamin67
Follower

Connected TrenNet Ethernet Switch and lost my net gear wifi and can not even log to Netgear

Hi everyone.

Just connected the TrendNet Gigabite Swithc TGS82g and It actually gave my internet a 50mgebites boost which I was loosing before. Now I have internet, but have lost my Netgear Wifi access (no Wifi) and I can not log into Routerlog in page, when I try it states:

"You may not be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.com, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again"

Please help

Model: WNDR3400|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connected TrenNet Ethernet Switch and lost my net gear wifi and can not even log to Netgear

Remove the switch and see if the network comes back again. 

Please post about this in the NetGear router forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Also contact the mfr of this switch as well. It's possible your router and this switch are not compatbile. 

Good Luck. 

@Kamin67 wrote:

Hi everyone.

Just connected the TrendNet Gigabite Swithc TGS82g and It actually gave my internet a 50mgebites boost which I was loosing before. Now I have internet, but have lost my Netgear Wifi access (no Wifi) and I can not log into Routerlog in page, when I try it states:

"You may not be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.com, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again"

Please help

Message 2 of 3
antinode
Guru

Re: Connected TrenNet Ethernet Switch and lost my net gear wifi and can not even log to Netgear

> Just connected the TrendNet Gigabite Swithc TGS82g [...]

What, exactly, did you connect to what?  Hint 1: Every cable has two
ends.  Hint 2: If a device has multiple Ethernet ports, then "connected
to device" is not enough detail.

Have you some kind of modem?  If you connected the switch to a modem,
then that could explain many problems.

> [...] It's possible your router and this switch are not compatbile.

Are you serious?  That advice is about as useful as your "My Setup".

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7