Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connected to Comcast, standard HD streaming mode. Comcast insists that I am going over my data cap.

Arye
Aspirant

Connected to Comcast, standard HD streaming mode. Comcast insists that I am going over my data cap.

Comcast keeps overcharging me monthly for going over its data cap, but offers no proof. How can I monitor my data so as to take them to Small Claims Court. I use standard HD streaming and the Cable Modem/Router is AC1600, Model C6250.  And I stream to 2 HD sets. 

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Connected to Comcast, standard HD streaming mode. Comcast insists that I am going over my data c

There is a traffic monitor in the C6250. Not by device but overall. 

You can also use comcast's data monitoring to see how much you're using. 

Something to keep in mind is HD averages 3-5gb/hr/device. So if you're using 2x devices at a time thats 6-10/gb/hr.  that breaks down to roughly 100-150hrs of tv a month or 3-5hrs of streaming a day (6-10 hrs total if not using both devices). And thats just the streaming. That doesn't include gaming/regular internet usage. Its easier than most believe to go over a 1tb data cap. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Connected to Comcast, standard HD streaming mode. Comcast insists that I am going over my data c

There is a traffic monitor in the C6250. Not by device but overall. 

You can also use comcast's data monitoring to see how much you're using. 

Something to keep in mind is HD averages 3-5gb/hr/device. So if you're using 2x devices at a time thats 6-10/gb/hr.  that breaks down to roughly 100-150hrs of tv a month or 3-5hrs of streaming a day (6-10 hrs total if not using both devices). And thats just the streaming. That doesn't include gaming/regular internet usage. Its easier than most believe to go over a 1tb data cap. 

Message 2 of 3
Arye
Aspirant

Thanks everyone who responded with good information. Much appreciated. 

Model: Dual Band
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7