Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection drops 5-6 times per hour

DS404
Aspirant

Connection drops 5-6 times per hour

Since 4/1 I've been having issues where my wifi connection will drop on multiple machines (OS X & Windows 10).

The wifi connection will disappear and when I attempt to rejoin the network my system will say that the network isn't found.

I can disable/enable my wifi on my laptops however I can't reconnect to them.  I have to unplug the C3700 in order to reconnect.  I have changed the router channels, reset the router via the dashboard as well as the button on the bottom of the device.  My unit is 7-8 months old with the latest firmware.

I'm in need of assistance.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 6
Bettyliciouz81
Aspirant

Re: Connection drops 5-6 times per hour

Same here I'm getting the same issues have you by any chance fixed your problem ? If so can you email me with it please !!! Bettyliciouz81@gmail.com
Message 2 of 6
DS404
Aspirant

No luck and no response yet however if I'm able to fix the issue or receive a response I will let you know.

Have you noticed your speed decrease as well?

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone 

What isp does everyone have? and does the internet just go out on the wifi or is it both the WIFI and LAN connections?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
DS404
Aspirant

I'm with Comcast and as far I know it's just wifi and not the LAN connection.

What's odd is that I sometimes I can connect to the 5G network (or non-5G depending on which one I'm currently connected to) and it works after the original network kicks me off.

I've set my channels to ones where there is no other traffic.

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello DS404 

You may want to contact Netgear support if this keeps happening may be a issue with the hardware of the wifi if all your devices are having this issue.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7