Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Crap Load of Correctabes and Uncorrrectables Suddenlink

Ninja7
Follower

Crap Load of Correctabes and Uncorrrectables Suddenlink

Suddenlink has a horrible rep with network and their support is worthless as the clowns that come are contractors and never know anything.  Of course over thanksgiving no one is working or upgrading anything and it has been any set of time since I unplugged and pliugged back in modem which wipes data.  Here is some latest data.  Not uncommon epsecially now for lag/latency ussyes especially in gaming even on ethernet.  Internet can go out at times.  pingpoltter usually shows high packet loss telia parts in the past randomly from past times.  Internet plan 200 down 20 up.  Router is a synology 2600ac.  Data all points to Suddenlink issues but I want to hear what yall/netgear community/company have to say about it.  I know odds of a modem new being bad are slim to none.  Router was bought with modem during the same time.  Line to the house has been replaced.  They claimed to fix stuff at the street box near the driveway before or something.

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Crap Load of Correctabes and Uncorrrectables Suddenlink

That is quite a few correctables and uncorrectables. And your power readings are all over the place. 3 dbmv is roughly what you should expect from a range but you're running from -4.9dbmv to 4 dbmv. 

A couple things you can try.

1. Remove any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers from the line. 

2. Directly connect the modem to where the coax is entering the home. The removes the changes that a bad line within the home is whats causing the issue. Check the line for wear/kinks/moisture. 

3. check to make sure the connectors are good and that they're tight.  Replace them if they're not. 

then rerun the same connections page. 

I'm betting its still a suddenlink issue but the goal is to remove the chance that its something within your home that's causing the issues. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7