Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Currently have R7000 nighthawk, wondering if I should change to a cable modem router unit

KRGEARHEAD
Follower

Currently have R7000 nighthawk, wondering if I should change to a cable modem router unit

Hi,  Im new here and I have been stumbling around with my home network for quite awhile.

I'm not that good at it, but then my R7000 for the most part has served me well.

I have Suddenlink ISP @1GB speed and  I have as many as 25 devices on my net.

I've just gotten into the game of streaming my entertainment....hate cable, hate  Dish etc.

I have  one  pc sonnected via Power over lan that runs ok I guess, but wonder what I could do to improve through put.

Would a combined cablemoem Router do a better job   than what I m using?

Please give it to me straight and don't be gentle help an old man out.

Thanks,

Ken

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Currently have R7000 nighthawk, wondering if I should change to a cable modem router unit

IF your currnet system setup and configuration is working for you, then I would keep what works for you. ISP modems are crucial to operation. Not all ISP support the various modem gateways. The other think to think about is that ISPs reresponsible for pushing fw updates which may not happen frequency or happen at all. Some ISPs won't push FW to user owned HW. So having a external router, gives you more controls of it's FW updates. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7