Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Detected increasing uncorrectable error count

jkernitzki
Aspirant

Detected increasing uncorrectable error count

I just added a CM600 (Firmware Version V1.01.12, Cox Premier 150/10) to replace a Cisco DPQ3212 Telephony cable modem. As part of the old modem installation, there was a splitter with a terminating resistor between the wall and modem. Removing it would cause endless reboots of the Cisco.

Since installing the Netgear, I have tested both with and without the splitter/terminating resistor combo and seem to have essentially the same quality of connection either way with no mystery reboots. There is something that concerns me that I hope the collected wisdom can guide me on.

My power on each channel increased markedly on each channel without the combo, but the Correctable/Uncorrectable count also jumped (at least on channels 1-12). SNR remained the same either way. Should I keep the splitter/resistor or not?

With splitter/terminating resistorWith splitter/terminating resistor

Without splitter/terminating resistorWithout splitter/terminating resistor

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jkernitzki

I would have your ISP come back out and check the lines seems to be a issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

splitter is OK but 3 channels on the COX network have issues. Please ask cox to fix the node for those 3 channels. Most likely, your whole street/neighbors should have this problem as well. 

Message 3 of 5
jkernitzki
Aspirant

This is the latest after a reboot (~5 days uptime currently): Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.38.55 AM.jpg

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 4 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

channels 7 and 8 are bad. Transfer lot of data for a day and see how the counts look like. 

right now, the counts are low. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7