Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Devices will not stay connected: C3700 – N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router

alysonmsander
Aspirant

Devices will not stay connected: C3700 – N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Some of my devices will not stay connected to the wireless internet. At first, I receive a "incorrect password" error message on my device, which can be resolved by pressing the WPS button on the router. However, the devices will not stay connected for long. I have to press the WPS button again and reconnect each, which obviously is not very practical. Devices that I have an issue with include the Amazon Echo, Blink security system, an iPhone 5, and a Google Chromecast. 

So far, it appears my iMac, printer (HP Envy 5660 Series), an iPad Pro, and one iPhone 6S are able to connect and stay online. At first I thought it was because I had too many devices connected, but even when I try to connect just a couple at a time, they still disconnect eventually. 

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
mtrotman
Guide

I had the same problem and resolved it this way.

Click on the "Advanced" tab

Click on "Advanced Setup"

Click on "Wireless Settings"

Uncheck the box for "ENABLE Airtime Fairness"

Click on "Apply"

Give it a couple of minutes and all of your devices should now connect and stay connected.  

Message 2 of 5
alysonmsander
Aspirant

Hmm... both the boxes for Enable Airtime Fairness (2.4GHz b/g/n & 5GHz a/n) are already unchecked. 

Message 3 of 5
mtrotman
Guide

Have you also tried changing the channels for 2.4 and 5?

@alysonmsander wrote:

Hmm... both the boxes for Enable Airtime Fairness (2.4GHz b/g/n & 5GHz a/n) are already unchecked. 

Message 4 of 5
alysonmsander
Aspirant

I haven't. I'm on auto (current: 6) for 2.4 and channel 153 for 5. Does it matter specifically which I pick if I change?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7