Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does Xfinity bottleneck routers?

jusjohn55
Aspirant

Does Xfinity bottleneck routers?

I switched from an Xfinity router to  3 nighthawk routers. Each router gives me amazing speeds, but I constantly loose packets. As soon as I switch to the Xfinity router, OMG it works perfectly. Can someone walk me through the settings to make sure I set everything up right on the C7000v2? Because I feel like I am being put into a corner by Xfinity to use their modem for 13 dollars a month. The technician that came to my house didn't even know what he was doing, he was following a script. He kept saying, "You should just pay the 13 dollars a month to use our router to fix the issue". It is so stupid. Like, do I activate use default DMZ server? Should I let the C7000v2 be a DHCP gateway? There has got to be something wrong with the router for me to loose packets or Xfinity is bottlenecking it. If someone, who has the C7000v2, could send me a screen shot of the settings they use that would be great. Cause loosing packets during a gaming session or writting an essay sucks.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
myersw
Master

Re: Does Xfinity bottleneck routers?

Don't know anything about the D7000 modem/router, but I can tell you that Xfinity (Comcast) does not bottleneck routers. I have a 400Mbps downlink and I get that. Of course I am not using Netgear router. The NG firmware seems to cause slowdowns for some people. That may be your real issue. 

Message 2 of 4
myersw
Master

Oop, meant c7000 modem/router. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You might consider getting into a modem only unit, like one of NGs CM series modems, then connect up one of NG external routers like there R series routers. 

@jusjohn55 wrote:

I switched from an Xfinity router to  3 nighthawk routers. Each router gives me amazing speeds, but I constantly loose packets. As soon as I switch to the Xfinity router, OMG it works perfectly. Can someone walk me through the settings to make sure I set everything up right on the C7000v2? Because I feel like I am being put into a corner by Xfinity to use their modem for 13 dollars a month. The technician that came to my house didn't even know what he was doing, he was following a script. He kept saying, "You should just pay the 13 dollars a month to use our router to fix the issue". It is so stupid. Like, do I activate use default DMZ server? Should I let the C7000v2 be a DHCP gateway? There has got to be something wrong with the router for me to loose packets or Xfinity is bottlenecking it. If someone, who has the C7000v2, could send me a screen shot of the settings they use that would be great. Cause loosing packets during a gaming session or writting an essay sucks.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7