Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Downstream Indicator on CM2050V

drbarney2
Aspirant

Downstream Indicator on CM2050V

Everything seems to be working on my newly installed cable modem as it should except that the Downstream "White Light Arrow" does not stop "Blinking". Is this normal that it continues to blink because it cannot find a downstream channel to lock on to.?

Based on the Description I was expecting that the Downstream Light would turn "solid White" indicating that it locked onto two or more Downstream Channels. Or show a Solid Amber light if it locks onto only one downstream channel.

Any help in clarifying or explaining this is greatly appreciated...

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Downstream Indicator on CM2050V

Do you have a screensnip of the cable connections page and event logs?

That helps us check the line

Message 2 of 7
drbarney2
Aspirant

Please see attached/uploaded Word Doc with the Event Log and Cable Connections Downstream Data... Could not get a Screen Shot of all of the Data...

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Your line's got some issues. 

Try removing any splitters or signal attenators form the line. 

Directly attach the modem to right where the coax comes into the home.

Check the connections for loose/corroded/old/bad/cheap connections and remove them if you have them. 

Message 4 of 7
drbarney2
Aspirant

I am directly connected to where the coax comes into my home... and it then goes to my Wi-Fi router... there my be a splitter in the CAT 5 Panel that the xfinity tech guy installed when they upgraded the cable from the street box to my home's CAT 5 Panel. In the CAT 5 Panel is where it splits the incoming cable to different coax cable access points going to mulitple rooms in my home.

Does this info help?

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Cat5 shouldn't matter. It should be the coax. 

Message 6 of 7
drbarney2
Aspirant

Thak you for your efforts... I cannot do anything regarding the Cable. A new cable was installed from the xfinity box at the street where it branches off to multiple homes on my street, and a new cable was run from the xfinity street box to my home's access point. There is not any way to run new cable internally as this would be a huge undertaking and cost...

My download seems to be working... Download from my Router = 356.5; Upload = 12.7

Download from xfinity direct = 179.9; Upload = 12.49.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7