Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropping of internet connection

fd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dropping of internet connection

In recent days my Cox cable internet connection has been lost a couple of times for a number of hours straight but both times it came right by itself. Cox is advising that there have been no known outages and after various attempts of troubleshooting tonightt they say its a modem issue.

Rebooting of the modem/router hasn't helped so far but I notice in the event log that under the cable connection on the connectivity state line the comment is "Access Denied". The internet port screen is, beside the MAC details, completely empty. Any suggestions where this issue might lie as I am not ocnvinced this is a router issue.Screenshot Cable Connection 2020-12-01 000238.png

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Dropping of internet connection

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 6
Hoo-Doo
Tutor

@fd1  How long had the unit been trying to come on line before you took that screenshot?  Also, please post a new screenshot with all the Downstream and Upstream channel info visible. Paste into Paint, crop as needed, save as .jpg, then attach to reply. You can leave out everything above "Downstream Bonded Channels."

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@fd1 wrote:

In recent days my Cox cable internet connection has been lost a couple of times for a number of hours straight but both times it came right by itself. Cox is advising that there have been no known outages and after various attempts of troubleshooting tonightt they say its a modem issue.

Rebooting of the modem/router hasn't helped so far but I notice in the event log that under the cable connection on the connectivity state line the comment is "Access Denied". The internet port screen is, beside the MAC details, completely empty. Any suggestions where this issue might lie as I am not ocnvinced this is a router issue.Screenshot Cable Connection 2020-12-01 000238.png

Message 4 of 6
fd1
Aspirant
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 issue has been resolved by ISP after local troubleshooting. It appeared that the ISP's splitter on the outside of the property was faulty and was causing these increased levels.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it fixed. Please mark your thread as solved, so others will know. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7