Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

E-MAIL SETUP TO SEND ALERTS ON C7100V NIGHTHAWK

ragram
Aspirant

E-MAIL SETUP TO SEND ALERTS ON C7100V NIGHTHAWK

Product: NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (24x8) DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router Combo For XFINITY

Firmware: V2.01.42

ISP: Comcast/Xfinity

I have setup e-mail to send logs/ in Advanced->Security->E-mail but it is not working. Only way I'm able to try, and this is the purpose for setting this, is to use Send Log.

I tried gmail, but as there is no option to specify port, I gave up on that.

I set up a another account from another provider and that's not working.

Is there any trick to this? How to test the e-mail?

I just want to get the Logs to e-mail as there is no way to see the logs over a long period.

Thank you!

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: E-MAIL SETUP TO SEND ALERTS ON C7100V NIGHTHAWK

@ragram wrote:

I tried gmail, but as there is no option to specify port, I gave up on that.

I set up a another account from another provider and that's not working.

Try a free account on outlook.com.

Message 2 of 4
alceryes
Tutor

Remember, some ISPs block the standard ports used for email and website services (to cut down on spam delivery).

Verify that your ISP doesn't block any ports (like port 25) before continuing. If your ISP does block standard SMTP ports it won't matter what you do on your router. You'll need to get them to unblock the ports first.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
ragram
Aspirant

I wanted to be clear that this is the issue of the modem sending out the Alert/Logs as e-mail, not me using an e-mail client on my phone or laptop.

Within the modem/router e-mail setup, I have tried to put my gmail settings (which require SSL, and the modem doesn't have port/SSL settings area), and also used my personal hosting service's e-mail account (ionos.com) both don't work.

While your point of the ISP (Comcast/Xfinity) blocking SMTP and other ports out going out kind of make sense, I have posted a question to them.

IF they do block it, would all my e-mail clients (laptops, phones) have a problem (although not sure which ones use SMTP out) ?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7