Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frequent disconnects

shady127
Novice

Frequent disconnects

Hello I have a C6300(AC1750) modem router and I've been experiencing frequent disconnects. They last for about a minute. Its very noticeable when streaming Netflix, a Skype video call or online gaming, though you can notice on web browsing because everything just stops loading for a period. I've tried wired and wireless(with my netgear usb adapter) but it makes no difference. We do have a Motorola surfboard connectted via Ethernet so we can have wifi in the garage where the signal is non existent. It is also a router/modem but I turned off dhcp. This happens on my phone, laptops desktops... if anyone could provide assistance I'd be grateful.

Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Frequent disconnects

Your story is somewhat confusing. Start with type of service then list each device and how it's setup and connected.
Message 2 of 7
shady127
Novice

The C6300 has a switch connected to it and a Motorola surfboard via Ethernet. the surfboard is there to broadcast a second wifi signal on the other side of the house. This is the setup. My devices experience an intermittent connection drop constantly(wired or wireless) and I'm not sure what to do about it.
Message 3 of 7
shady127
Novice

I'm thinking it might be this bridged connection causing it?
Message 4 of 7
ourflat
Aspirant

I bought mine yesterday and have the same problem. I'm using TWC as my ISP. Haven't figured it out yet!

Frank

Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello ourflat

The first thing I would do is check all my connections make sure the cable is tight on the modem the next thing is to check if you have a cable splitter on the line going to the modem if you do try taking that off and go directly to the wall and see if you are experiencing the issue. I would also contact TWC and have them check the levels of the modem and make sure they have the modem provisioned correctly. Last thing I would try is a factory reset on the modem and resetup all of your router settings. Hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7
ourflat
Aspirant

Hi, couldn't wait any longer and grew tired of long phone calls to India for tech support. Returned item to store and recieved a replacement. The new AC-1750 works like a champ so I suspect the old unit was defective!

Frank

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7