Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

G3 LG Android stopped connecting to Netgear

BSChap
Aspirant

G3 LG Android stopped connecting to Netgear

I received a notice on my Android phone that my wi-fi connection may have been hacked, and asked if I wanted to disconnect.  I selected disconnect, but hours later when I tried to reconnect, my Android phone would no longer connect, even after making multiple attempts to enter the password.  I tried it at my son's home, and it automatically connected as a known server, but when I got home, it not only didn't recognize the server, but again wouldn't connect, despite having a strong signal, and all my other wi-fi devices continue to run perfectly.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: G3 LG Android stopped connecting to Netgear

Hello BSChap

Have you gone into the phone wifi settings and told it to forget the network?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
BSChap
Aspirant

Yes, I've tried that a couple of times, along with turning the phone off afterwards, then restarting - still no luck.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Is it the only device having the issue with the wifi?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
BSChap
Aspirant

Yes, all my other devices work fine, and I had someone connect their laptop using my wi-fi. My phone also connects with wi-fi at other locations, just not my own home.
Message 5 of 6
Jlschutz60
Aspirant

@BSChap wrote:
Yes, all my other devices work fine, and I had someone connect their laptop using my wi-fi. My phone also connects with wi-fi at other locations, just not my own home.

Model: CG3000D-2CXNAS|COX N450 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7