Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HELP!!! R9000 disconnects (wired/wifi) every min., even when logged in to router settings

HELP!!! R9000 disconnects (wired/wifi) every min., even when logged in to router settings

Since about a week or so ago, my router has been disconnecting and reconnecting every few mins. or so. I'm using wired and wifi, so I know it disconnects both. Everytime I go into the router and try to Apply a change, it says "Wait a moment..." and after a little while, it disconnects. I was using Chrome. Decided to try Firefox and same thing. I've reset the router a million times and still no change.  I have the latest firmware installed (1.0.4.28). I downgraded to 1.0.4.26 and then reset the router to see if that works, but nothing, so I upgraded back to 1.0.4.28). I've also noticed that when I go into Plex to re-apply Plex, after I hit Apply and it tries to "Upgrade", it then tells me something about me not having a NTP server. I then used the default Ntegear NTP server, but that doesn't work either. The router is still disconnecting every minute, even after applying changes.

My ISP is AT&T and I have Fiber. My AT&T modem/router is BGW210-700. I decided to reset my modem and then reset the router again to see if that fixes it, but no change. My modem works fine because I leave the wifi on as a backup in case my router goes down, so I'm using the modem/router's wifi right now.

I purchased the R9000 since 1/8/2018, so I think the warranty is up.  I konw there is something seriously wrong with this router, but I can't fix it. Is there no way of it being fixed? I spent a lot of money for this router, so I really need to have some hope that it can be fixed. I got it because of the Plex Media Server option.

HELP!!!!!!  I'm getting so frustrated.  😞

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: HELP!!! R9000 disconnects (wired/wifi) every min., even when logged in to router settings

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
You might try Voxels 3rd party FW as well. 
Good Luck.

@ChickenLongLox wrote:

Since about a week or so ago, my router has been disconnecting and reconnecting every few mins. or so. I'm using wired and wifi, so I know it disconnects both. Everytime I go into the router and try to Apply a change, it says "Wait a moment..." and after a little while, it disconnects. I was using Chrome. Decided to try Firefox and same thing. I've reset the router a million times and still no change.  I have the latest firmware installed (1.0.4.28). I downgraded to 1.0.4.26 and then reset the router to see if that works, but nothing, so I upgraded back to 1.0.4.28). I've also noticed that when I go into Plex to re-apply Plex, after I hit Apply and it tries to "Upgrade", it then tells me something about me not having a NTP server. I then used the default Ntegear NTP server, but that doesn't work either. The router is still disconnecting every minute, even after applying changes.

My ISP is AT&T and I have Fiber. My AT&T modem/router is BGW210-700. I decided to reset my modem and then reset the router again to see if that fixes it, but no change. My modem works fine because I leave the wifi on as a backup in case my router goes down, so I'm using the modem/router's wifi right now.

I purchased the R9000 since 1/8/2018, so I think the warranty is up.  I konw there is something seriously wrong with this router, but I can't fix it. Is there no way of it being fixed? I spent a lot of money for this router, so I really need to have some hope that it can be fixed. I got it because of the Plex Media Server option.

HELP!!!!!!  I'm getting so frustrated.  😞

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7