Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Have a Netgear ac1200 router model c6220 and had to get a new printer but can't access it

wvupharmboy03
Aspirant

Have a Netgear ac1200 router model c6220 and had to get a new printer but can't access it

I had an epson receipt  printer model TH-H6000V go bad and had to replace it.  I hooked up the printer and doesn't work.  It is same model number.  I am hooking it up through the network and not directly to the computer.  I am wandering if network is blocking the printer.  How can I find the IP address of the printer by looking at router network.  There is no IP or MAc address on the printer.  Your help is greatly needed

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Have a Netgear ac1200 router model c6220 and had to get a new printer but can't access it

Something to contact the printers Mfr for help and support regarding there product. 

Try connecting the printer via Ethernet if it supports it and walk thru the setup wizard driver for the printer.

Message 2 of 7
Kitsap
Master

Re: Have a Netgear ac1200 router model c6220 and had to get a new printer but can't access it

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Something to contact the printers Mfr for help and support regarding there product. 

What he said above.

Epson has a network configuration utility for connecting their printers to a local area network.  Suggest you download the utility and use it to configure the network interface on your Epson printer.

https://epson.com/Support/Point-of-Sale/OmniLink-Printers/Epson-TM-H6000V-Series/s/SPT_C31CG62032 

Screenshot 2022-07-12 150620.jpg

Message 3 of 7
wvupharmboy03
Aspirant

I have tried contacting the manufacturer. I have installed the Epson network utility as well. No resolution of the problem. The Epson Network Utility says no devices connected and can’t find the printer.
Message 4 of 7
wvupharmboy03
Aspirant

I connected the printer to the Ethernet that old printer was hooked up to and nothing. The Epson Utility program could not find the printer. Since the printer was only gonna be hooked to one computer, I even tried to hook the printer up to the one computer directly using USB cord to see if computer would acknowledge the new printer without going through the network. Nothing. There is no IP address or MAC address labeled on printer.

The only way that I could see the printer on the Netgear Genie was by connecting the printer directly to the router with ethernet connection. Cannot get the printer to recognized but computer
Message 5 of 7
Kitsap
Master

Not much I can share beyond some basic troubleshooting tips.

Make certain your Ethernet cable is good.

The sequence and timing of the items below is important.

Power down both your router and printer (pull the power cord on each) and disconnect the Ethernet cable.

Disconnect and leave disconnected any other Ethernet cables connected to your router.

Power up the router and give it plenty of time to boot and stabilize.

Connect the Ethernet cable between the router and the printer.

Power up the printer and give it plenty of time to start up and stabilize.

Connect your computer Ethernet cable to your router, boot your computer and run your network utility program from the printer manufacturer.

Message 6 of 7
wvupharmboy03
Aspirant

Finally was able to fix my printer. The router was working correctly after all. After talking to a couple customer service reps for my computer software and and Epson, finally figured out that the printer was setup for USP connection and not Ethernet. Changed the setting manually on the printer, then was able to obtain IP and MAC address of the printer and fixed the printer.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7