Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Having trouble connecting an Xbox One to the Cable Modem Router C3700 - N600

brianthered
Aspirant

Having trouble connecting an Xbox One to the Cable Modem Router C3700 - N600

I can connect the Xbox One through a wireless network with the router. The issue arrises when I try to connect the Xbox One to a ethernet cable from the back of the router (it needs to be wired because the xbox normally sits too far away from the router to be wireless). I've called the ISP and they have no idea what they're doing, but they insist that they're not the problem. I've had some tech-savy friends tell me I need to do port-forwarding on the router, which I've tried doing but that didn't seem to resolve the problem. The xbox keeps telling me that it is connected, but the NAT Type is Strict, so I can't use any of the internet features.

PS. Please, please, please do not tell me that the issue might be the Xbox One. I've connected this xbox to tons of networks (wired and wireless) and I've never had an issue like this before.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Having trouble connecting an Xbox One to the Cable Modem Router C3700 - N600

Tried different cable? You move Xbox closer to router and try another known good shorter

cable.

Message 2 of 6
brianthered
Aspirant

Re: Having trouble connecting an Xbox One to the Cable Modem Router C3700 - N600

That did not help, but I definitely appreciate you trying. At this point I'm willing to try anything.

Message 3 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

If you have Widnows OS download a freeware utility called 'ipscan'  Whe you run it it shows all the conneced devices(wired, wireless) and it's ip address. I am not a gamer, old retired. Xbox ought to have a NIC for wired connection. Is the NIC in ready status with latest driver?

Message 4 of 6
brianthered
Aspirant

It says it is. 

Message 5 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Wonder if it has ip address conflict.  I notice many Youtube help is out there. Also power cycled router and modem?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7