Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help this poor noob out!

poonjazzler
Follower

Help this poor noob out!

Hello all,

Due to recent changes in security and how we handle customer information at my job (I work from home) I'm no longer allowed to use my normal network for personal use. My employer has asked me to no longer use wifi to connect to the internet on computers I use for work, must be done via cable. My employer wants me to use a guest network option wirelessly for my personal use. We don't have an IT department as we are a (pathetically) small company and I'm reached the point of fist shaking at my monitor. 

I am using a Netgear C6300 Cable modem and a 6900 Nighthawk wireless router. 

I got stumped this morning on the chrome bug trying to access the router, but I'm passed that now. 

I have got the Nighthawk hooked into the C6300. I've run the setup wizard plenty of times and I always get to the point where it says turn off the wireless on the C6300 and then I get completely disconnected and can't go any further. I've tried tinkering with a few things but I've come up short handed.

I would love and appreciate any help or advice this community could give! Thank-you for your time!

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Help this poor noob out!

You will want to bridge the C6300 by going to Advanced-Administration-Router Mode then set it to no then you should be able to set up the nighthawk router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7