Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with connecting C3000 to xfinity

jadesage
Aspirant

Help with connecting C3000 to xfinity

Hello, I have a Netgear C3000 N300 wireless modem/router, and it was working fine when I had WOW internet. But I've stopped service with them and signed up for Comcast Xfinity. Both with help on the phone and sending a technician over, and neither of them could get my modem/router to connect to the internet. 

All the lights stay on except the second from the bottom (looks like a little globe), which just blinks on and off.

When connected to it I can view the router's ip address page, but nothing else.

I also tried a factory reset, but it didn't help.

I tried using Windows troubleshooting, and it says the DNS Server isn't responding.

It's only about a year old so I don't see how it could be broken, and it's listed as a compatible device on Comcast's website, so I don't know what the problem is. If anyone knows what I can do to keep on using it, I'd appreciate it 😄

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Help with connecting C3000 to xfinity

Make sure you factory reset the unit by holding the reset button for 10+ seconds also make sure the ISP has you modem coded correctly in there system if you are using a different modem at the moment they will have to switch it to the c3000.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
jadesage
Aspirant

I did, I could tell it factory reset because the wifi name and password were back to the default.

The tech support was trying to add it to their system I think; they had asked me for the make and model over the phone, and they kept saying they couldn't "see" it, and had me turn it off and on multiple times.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you ever provide them the mac address of the modem? they will need that in order to get the modem working.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
jadesage
Aspirant

Hello, I did try to, but even so, Comcast couldn't get my router to connect to the internet. I ended up getting a new modem/router and it connected fine 😛 But thank you for your help 🙂

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7