Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Horrible Customer service and absolutely NO Tech support

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Horrible Customer service and absolutely NO Tech support

I have a VPN network of 3 sites that went up really quickly - I thought WOW. I was wrong. It dropped today, 2 weeks after installation at all sites.  I did 2 hours of my own troublehsooting - completely rebuilding the VPN, obviously rebooting the routers, all the general stuff. Clearly not a site-specific issue. I'm pretty sure it's the VPN cloud service that is the problem.

After digging DEEP to find support phone numbers, I ended up with someone who sounded like they had never seen an ethernet cable, let alone a router or it's configuration, and was clearly reading from a flowchart.  He connected to my unit and did NOTHING, really, I mean NOTHING. There was no point other than having him watch me click and show him that the status indicated a broken link between all sites.  He got me to upload logs, and after 1 1/2 hours of arguing and asking to be moved up, he finally told me a 3rd level support would look at it and call me back.  

Then the excuses why I couldn't speak to a manager started - First, she was on break, then she went into a meeting.  He moved me to a "senior advisor" who told me he was above this first idiot. He told me it would take 24 hrs to get a call back from 3rd level support.  Again, useless.  I udnerstand and I appologize was his

favorite line.  I don't need understanding, and I don't need appologies.  I need a solution.  I now have a client, 50 employees, that is completely down accross 3 sites and I can do nothing about it.

This is ridiculous.  How did this company ever survive on this level of piss-poor service? No call back from "manager", no call back from "3rd level support".  I have to go an buy new equipment, and then the challenege will be to see if we can recoup ANY costs from these routers.

BE AWARE that if you buy, you'll be completely on your own. I hope this post causes you to think twice before buying these peice of garbage routers, with no support whatsoever.

If anyone in the community has had the same issue, I'm all ears and open to ANY suggestion.  CLearly it's the community that provides the support for this crap.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Horrible Customer service and absolutely NO Tech support

Please post about this in the correct forum for your NG product.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/bd-p/business-vpn-firewalls

Doesn't do much good if you don't.

Good Luck. 

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have a VPN network of 3 sites that went up really quickly - I thought WOW. I was wrong. It dropped today, 2 weeks after installation at all sites.  I did 2 hours of my own troublehsooting - completely rebuilding the VPN, obviously rebooting the routers, all the general stuff. Clearly not a site-specific issue. I'm pretty sure it's the VPN cloud service that is the problem.

After digging DEEP to find support phone numbers, I ended up with someone who sounded like they had never seen an ethernet cable, let alone a router or it's configuration, and was clearly reading from a flowchart.  He connected to my unit and did NOTHING, really, I mean NOTHING. There was no point other than having him watch me click and show him that the status indicated a broken link between all sites.  He got me to upload logs, and after 1 1/2 hours of arguing and asking to be moved up, he finally told me a 3rd level support would look at it and call me back.  

Then the excuses why I couldn't speak to a manager started - First, she was on break, then she went into a meeting.  He moved me to a "senior advisor" who told me he was above this first idiot. He told me it would take 24 hrs to get a call back from 3rd level support.  Again, useless.  I udnerstand and I appologize was his

favorite line.  I don't need understanding, and I don't need appologies.  I need a solution.  I now have a client, 50 employees, that is completely down accross 3 sites and I can do nothing about it.

This is ridiculous.  How did this company ever survive on this level of piss-poor service? No call back from "manager", no call back from "3rd level support".  I have to go an buy new equipment, and then the challenege will be to see if we can recoup ANY costs from these routers.

BE AWARE that if you buy, you'll be completely on your own. I hope this post causes you to think twice before buying these peice of garbage routers, with no support whatsoever.

If anyone in the community has had the same issue, I'm all ears and open to ANY suggestion.  CLearly it's the community that provides the support for this crap.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7