Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How bad can customer support be?

Piupolino
Guide

How bad can customer support be?

I am mismerized by how bad Netgear cusotmer support is. My cable model is defective and they don't wan't to replace. So I had to call Xfinity to, together with the Netgear support, go over the case. Finally we concluded my Modem needed to be replaced. The technitian said he was going to call me the next day, after getting approval from his supervisor, and go over the logistics to replace the Modem. The ticket 44866608 was opened but never updated, I have never heard back. After investing 2 1/2 hours of my time to replace a defective product they will won't replace it. If I call them again, the soap opera continues. WORST customer service ever. They simply don't care. I can't believe I am the only one with such a horrible experience. If anyone from Netgear is reading this, I would appreciate an uptate on case 44866608.

Message 1 of 19
geneedevid
Initiate

Parhaps there is something. Because whenever i use their support they did it well. Their support is well i hope you case will be resolved ASAP.

Message 2 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Support cases are not discussed here in the forums. I recommend you reach out to a forum moderator so they can help you further.

@Christian_R @vkdelta 

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 19
Piupolino
Guide

Thanks for the advice, however I am getting zero response for my support ticket, that's why I am trying this path.

Message 4 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Keep in contact with the forum moderators. 

Message 5 of 19
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

I am not from support team but if you can provide details about the issue, we can help. 

Message 6 of 19
Piupolino
Guide

Thank you! Together with a support agent, we concluded my Cable Modem needs to be replaced. It is under warranty and bought directly via the Netgear store. However, the agent never sent me the details for the replacement (although he promised to do that). When I call support again, they want to go over the troubleshooting and the 3 hours that I spent with the first agent, all over again. The ticket number with that agent is 44866608. 

Message 7 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommened you send @Christian_R a PM regarding this as well.

@Piupolino wrote:

Thank you! Together with a support agent, we concluded my Cable Modem needs to be replaced. It is under warranty and bought directly via the Netgear store. However, the agent never sent me the details for the replacement (although he promised to do that). When I call support again, they want to go over the troubleshooting and the 3 hours that I spent with the first agent, all over again. The ticket number with that agent is 44866608. 

Message 8 of 19
Robcop
Tutor

It's horrible, especially over the phone. Dropped calls constantly, no callbacks, the same questions over and over, "I'm not trained in this router, let me get someone", same basic troubleshooting steps everytime
Message 9 of 19
Piupolino
Guide

Exactly. Their strategy for for you to give up. Netgear stuff won't be in my home after I phase out these products.

Message 10 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you made contact with Christian_R yet? 

@Piupolino wrote:

Exactly. Their strategy for for you to give up. Netgear stuff won't be in my home after I phase out these products.

Message 11 of 19
Piupolino
Guide

Yes, I did. No reply yet. Thanks.

Message 12 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Be patient. Keep in contact with him. It's coming up on the weekend so might not see anything until next week. 

Message 13 of 19
Robcop
Tutor

I feel like all the nighthawks have problems with Xfinity. I've had the cax30 and cax80 and for the price and hype, they should be without these bugs. I had a refurbished Amazon router that didn't have as many problems, but the speeds couldn't get as high
Message 14 of 19
CJayE
Initiate

I telephoned Netgear Customer Service for the first time yesterday and it was a futile and frustrating experience.  The reps were not native English speakers.  They had trouble understanding me and I had trouble understanding them.  They were clueless on resolving the problem, which turned out to be a Netgear problem ultimately resolved by an Xfinity tech who came to my house today.

In the past I purchased 2 Netgear routers and both worked well and were easy to install.  The installation manual instructions on this one were more complicated and less clear.  After setting the router up and activating with Xfinity I could not get apps on my previously functioning Roku to load.  Two different Roku sticks told me the download speed was poor.  Three times I called Netgear customer service and 3 times they referred me to either Roku or Xfinity.  During the second call, the Netgear woman told me that my Roku was malfunctioning because the MAC number on the Roku did not match the MAC number on the Netgear Router.  She told me it was still connected to my previous (now disconnected) router and it was a Roku problem.   Since every device has its own unique MAC number, this was completely wrong.  She either didn't know much or she wanted to pass the problem on to someone else.

It turns out that the problem was related to not completely registering some information with Netgear.   I assumed that all information had been registered by the first agent who was "helping" me and asking me a lot of questions in regard to registration.  I still don't understand exactly what I was supposed to do in regard to registration, but Xfinity has fixed it.  Netgear was useless.

Even though I have liked the quality of Netgear products over the years, this is the last one I will buy.  The set up has become too complicated and the instructions are too hard to follow.  There is nowhere to get competent help from Netgear.  A few months ago I returned a new Netgear Wifi extender because I followed the instructions but could not get it to connect to the router.  I didn't want to deal with the frustration of calling customer service so just returned it.   It is too bad that they make a good product but don't know how to make it user friendly for the average consumer.   

Message 15 of 19
Robcop
Tutor

Yea I think I'm going to return mine before the window ends
Message 16 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Is there something wrong with the one you have? 

@Robcop wrote:
Yea I think I'm going to return mine before the window ends

Message 17 of 19
Robcop
Tutor

It's brand new but drops internet all the time and when not showing and internet, speeds drop to like 50mbs or worse. Connected devices keep showing no internet even though they're connected. And the app shows 300-700mbs which is totally misleading because that's not the real speed
Message 18 of 19
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@Robcop wrote:
It's brand new but drops internet all the time and when not showing and internet, speeds drop to like 50mbs or worse. Connected devices keep showing no internet even though they're connected. And the app shows 300-700mbs which is totally misleading because that's not the real speed

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7