Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do i use my Netgear CM600 Cable Modem?

Sonrio224
Aspirant

How do i use my Netgear CM600 Cable Modem?

I have bought this modem to replace my Comcast modem (sort of an upgrade if you will) and, after a while to get the internet working (calling them up and what not), got it to work in a somewhat "okay" state.

2 issues I’m coming to with this modem

1. I can't see anything in my modem options - What I mean by this is when I go to the website http://192.168.100.1/, I see that it’s barren and empty. The guides I have looked at for the NetGear Genie show that there is a bunch of settings and features, but I see none of that. I would like to be able to port forward, change password (which I can do), and allow certain things to have internet connection.
  2. Unable to use a Ethernet switch/splitter - Right now I have the modem plugged into an 8 port switch to the other devices I’m my house but only one computer, out of the whole house (the one i am using to type this), has internet and the other posts don't seem to be receiving anything from it. Am I doing something wrong? Does this not work with switches?

I’m sorry if I’m coming off rude or this is posted in the wrong place, I’ve just spent most of my day trying to figure this out with people yelling at me as I have a router upstairs for my sisters but It is getting no internet. So I would really like some help on this.

Thank you in advance.

Some info (it said i needed to include this somewhere):
Netgear CM600
firmware V1.01.09
Computer with windows 10
trying to get it to work at my house

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How do i use my Netgear CM600 Cable Modem?

Hello sonrio224

The CM600 is just a modem you need a router to put between the switch and the modem to do all the features you are looking for without a router you can not run multiple pcs correctly.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello sonrio224

The CM600 is just a modem you need a router to put between the switch and the modem to do all the features you are looking for without a router you can not run multiple pcs correctly.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Sonrio224
Aspirant

Thank you so much. it took me awhile but i was able to figure that out and put things together. 

Should be able to handle it from here.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7