Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I Need a Remote Firmware Update! Help!!

Colecophile
Follower

I Need a Remote Firmware Update! Help!!

I need to update the firmware on this god forsaken router!! How do I do this?

I got Nighthawk and it won't get off the YOU NEED NEW FIRMWARE screen and will not remotely get new firmware NOR WILL IT LET ME EVEN LEAVE THE SCREEN to access the menu, settings and remote blah blah blah that it's telling me to do.

I went to the router itself and there is NO update firmware 

My ISP says that Netgear has to do this remotely and I cannot find a single person to help me. I found a "buy our customer service" hotline, but that's it. After the last 2 hours of the run around with bad advice and passing reponsibility to my ISP, I'm not giving Netgear another dollar to fix a problem that they created. 

Does anyone have a phone number or an email??? I need direct help

-Colecophile

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: I Need a Remote Firmware Update! Help!!

@Colecophile wrote:

I need to update the firmware on this god forsaken router!! How do I do this?

I got Nighthawk and it won't get off the YOU NEED NEW FIRMWARE screen and will not remotely get new firmware NOR WILL IT LET ME EVEN LEAVE THE SCREEN to access the menu, settings and remote blah blah blah that it's telling me to do.

I went to the router itself and there is NO update firmware 

My ISP says that Netgear has to do this remotely and I cannot find a single person to help me. I found a "buy our customer service" hotline, but that's it. After the last 2 hours of the run around with bad advice and passing reponsibility to my ISP, I'm not giving Netgear another dollar to fix a problem that they created. 

Does anyone have a phone number or an email??? I need direct help

-Colecophile

1. googling for a netgear support number gives you con/scam sites. its a poor choice. To contact support you click "mynetgear" at the top, register and account, and then the device. From there you can contact support. Its only free for 90 days from purchase.

2. Modem/router combo device firmwares only come from the ISP. this is controlled by them. Netgear can send the isp the firmware but they certify it and send it to combo device. Not the user, not netgear. 

3. ignore the app saying it needs updates. I prefer to use the browser but if you must use the app, just ignore the notice. the isp sends the updates. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7