Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have N600 modem router. Was used with Comcast. Can I connect it trough ethernet cable from now on?

txj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have N600 modem router. Was used with Comcast. Can I connect it trough ethernet cable from now on?

I have a  NETGEAR N600 Wi-Fi DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Mnodem Router (C3700).

I bought it last year since our appartment building switched to Comcast. From this year on, they are including internet in the price of our rent but they are swithcing providers. From now on we can get internet trough the old infrastructure that exists in the building but the trick is that internet is provided trough an ethernet cable. Model N600 that I have has the internet port for a coax cable. Is there any way that I can connect my modem/router trough ethernet port?

Model: WNDR3700|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: I have N600 modem router. Was used with Comcast. Can I connect it trough ethernet cable from now

What will you use the old C3700 modem for?

As a wifi source?

Message 2 of 6
txj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: I have N600 modem router. Was used with Comcast. Can I connect it trough ethernet cable from now

Yes, now we need it just as a wifi source

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@txj wrote:

Is there any way that I can connect my modem/router trough ethernet port?

The short answer is no. Check with vendor and ask them what they are actualy supporting.

Message 4 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

I am not a fan of combination unit. More headaches and hassles when dealing with them. Get a compatible cable modem and router separately.

Message 5 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Excuse my bluntness......... But until you contact the vendor you don't really know what will work.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7