Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a couple of questions on routers and modems

BB11
Aspirant

I have a couple of questions on routers and modems

Searching online and trying to make sense out of Amazon ratings is like an excercise in crazy making, so after calling netgear and being connected to a country that does not speak English well I am hoping I can get some answers here.

My uses are for internet, netflix, that is about it. No gaming, nothing other than going online, researching things, SM, etc.

So I first saw the CM400 and the 1750, and they look like a good match (my current wireless router will not recognize my computer while it does fine with my ipad, etc).. it has worked well for years but now it is old and tired I am assuming (Lynsys E1200). I use Charter currently, have for the past 17 years, my only choice.

I next saw the AC1600, moden and router combo. Not sure if this is the way to go or not, if one stops working I will be out for both...

I do have an international phone from Vonage which I need to be able to hook up, not sure if the AC1600 will allow this as I cannot get a good look at the inputs.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

BB11

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0,CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
BB11
Aspirant

Re: I have a couple of questions on routers and modems

So called india again, they want to charge me to give me info on current products. Netgear does not let me email them as I do not have a product registered. They promise on chat to have a US based person call me back but this does not happen... too bad, I thought I had my selections narrowed down but if this is the way they help I guess it is time for me to move on.

Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BB11

Its really up to you if you want to use your current router as the CM400 will work with that as for the combo unit the AC1600 should work fine with vonage you may need to do some port forwarding.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
BB11
Aspirant

Thank you. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation