Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IS THE NETGEAR CM1000 MODEM COMPATABLE WITH NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC4000 TRI-BAND WIFI ROUTER?

WOOLYDON
Follower

IS THE NETGEAR CM1000 MODEM COMPATABLE WITH NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC4000 TRI-BAND WIFI ROUTER?

I am changing internet service and I am going to supply my own DOCSIS 3.1 Modem and I have a new Nighthawk AC4000 TRI-BAND WIFI Router still in box. My question is are the Netgear CM1000 Modem caompatable with the Nighthawk AC4000 router?

Thanks, WOOLYDON

Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: IS THE NETGEAR CM1000 MODEM COMPATABLE WITH NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC4000 TRI-BAND WIFI ROUTER?

In short, yes they are. But better call up your ISP and ask which modems are on their supported list.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: IS THE NETGEAR CM1000 MODEM COMPATABLE WITH NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK AC4000 TRI-BAND WIFI ROUTER?

Yes.

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@WOOLYDON wrote:

I am changing internet service and I am going to supply my own DOCSIS 3.1 Modem and I have a new Nighthawk AC4000 TRI-BAND WIFI Router still in box. My question is are the Netgear CM1000 Modem caompatable with the Nighthawk AC4000 router?

Thanks, WOOLYDON

Message 3 of 4

Please do not repost this request all over the place. Repeating the message only adds to chaos and confusion.

The answer amd advice from @microchip8 is really all that you need. The modem and router will work together.

I would only add that another place to get advice might be ion the usual sales sites. Amazon, for example, will often list which Internet services the hardware supports. No need to buy there, of course, but that and reader reviews can help clear things up.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7