Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insecure Connection when logging into Modem.

Mamooncakes
Follower

Insecure Connection when logging into Modem.

Hello! So iv just bought a CM-1200 modem and went to sign into the modem. And i get this Error when using 192.168.100.1. 

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 192.168.100.1 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID
This server could not prove that it is 192.168.100.1; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Thats when Im using chrome. Heres the error for Microsoft Edge  This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately. Your PC doesn’t trust this website’s security certificate.

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_INVALID_CA
DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

Also thought it was wierd that when I enter 192.168.100.1 into my chrome browser it automattically puts this 192.168.100.1:8443

If anyone is willing to give some insight on this would be greatly appreciated!!! Very worried someone is trying to attack my network. Thanks!! 

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Insecure Connection when logging into Modem.

Your not being hacked. Its your browsers security features suggesting that the HTTP connection is not using a secure HTTPS connection. Modems and router web pages only use HTTP. Hackers need access to your LAN side so the only way someone could really hack in is if you allowed someone access on the LAN side. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7