Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Intermittent connection

hariri
Aspirant

Intermittent connection

Hi to all,

I want to thank all in advance for taking time in reading this and trying their best in assisting me.

So I have been having this issue for a while. Intermittent connection. Sometimes it will work fine and then it will go out. 

I have tried everything. I stay away from renting comcast modems. I buy my own. I recently purchsed a new one and though that would solve the problem. But it did not. I have tv as well. There is only one wire from the wall and splits and one goes to the cable tv box and the other to the modem. I even took the splitter off and did a straight connection from the wall to the router. That did not work. Still had intermittent connection. Turned off all my wifi connections and did a straight wire from the router to my desktop and that didn't work. 

I went outside to my box to check for loose connections and I saw the wire coming from the tower being split. One going to the wall where it comes out and connects to my router. The other wire is most likely an old wire. So I took that splitter off and did a straight connection. Pole wire to the wire going inside my house. Still had intermittent connection. 

I work from home now due to the covoid19. It's very annoying to get these intermittent connection. I can potentially lose my job if this keeps happening. I am out of options. Is there anything else I can try? Please help. 

I did try switching out channels and I still have the intermitten connection problems. Comcast came on Tuesday March 31 and said I had a pinched wire and a wire that was used is not for outdoor. The tech changed the wire and connected it. I did a factory reset on my router. It started working fine at night. I started work this morning at home and I am still having those intermittent connections. 

The tech told me to put my 2.4 ghz channel on auto. Is that a good channel to be on? She also said leave the channel for the 5 ghz on whatever default channel. So I don't know what the issue is now? The tech checked the wire coming from the pole and said it's a good connection. The tech did not go up on the pole to see if there anything maybe loose. The tech just saw those issues from my house wires. 

Now, I don't know what to do? I read something on maybe wireless keyboards and mouse can be a issue with interfering. Like I said, I am all out of options. 

I also tried moving my router around like elevate it and moved it to a different room. I also have a hard wired connection going from the router all the way to the living room and that is connected to my DVR for security cameras. 

I called comcast again and they said that they found some 'timeout' thing on my router and they said to reset my router. I did that and still did not work. I called comcast again and they said that we show no issue with service. I said well yeah, because it is intermittent connection. I need someone to come and look at the connections on the pole and they said we can't do that because there is nothing showing in our system that there is something wrong. 

I kept trying to explain the situation of how intermittent connection works. It comes in and works fine and then disconnects. I want someone to come and check for filters being put maybe on the pole or some loose connections. But I could not get any luck. I hope someone can help me soon in this forum. Because I am working from home and as I stated earlier, I could potentially lose my job if my connection is acting like this. Thanks again and sorry to bother. Again, this could be also some setting issue I have with my router.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Do you have a screen snip of the modem's connection page? 

did you have the isp check the line? 

Message 2 of 7
hariri
Aspirant

Sorry for the late reply...

How do I get the modem's connection page?

Also, I had comcast come in and check the lines outside the house...not on the pole. They said they are fine. However, today they will be checking the pole wires. 

They also said it could be that the speed I have is not enough for the things I am running in the house and it could be causing the intermitten connection. Also they said that it could also be the modem I am using. Even though it is brand new and also the previous modem I had was doing the same thing. Which I through out because I thought it was bad and I shouldn't have done that. 

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

when you're logged into the modem, its the connections page. there isn't many options. it should look like the one i attached. 

Message 4 of 7
hariri
Aspirant

Message 5 of 7
hariri
Aspirant

By the way, I appreciate you working with me. 

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

You do still have quite a few errors in your line. 

You've tried most of the things I'd suggest.

1. you've tried direct connection

2. you've had comcast check the line

3. you've reset the device

4. you've removed anything in the line you can.

5. you've attempted to have comcast come back out and recheck it.

you're kind of in a pickle. there's errors on the line but comcast is saying it isn't their line. so it comes down to either the line or the modem. 

What you could do is buy a modem (temporarily or not) and connect it. If the issue still persists, you have proof to comcast that you've replaced the modem and it only leaves the line to be the cause. 

And sometimes it is the modem. You're levels look good other than the errors and the timeout issues you reported. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7