Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet May Not Be Available

Manfred33
Aspirant

Internet May Not Be Available

Have had this router for nigh on a year now and pleased with it for the most part, however there is one thing about it that is rather frustrating and there seems to be no rhyme or reason for it...  And that is this, that sometimes when connecting one of my networks, I get the "Internet May Not Be Available" and subsequently have to choose one of my other networks.  No big deal in the grand scheme of things, however, it would be so great if that message would NEVER appear.  So, what exactly is causing this to happen?  It somehow tends to be on the 2.4ghz network and not the 5.  I will reboot my router when it happens, not all the time, but when it do, it does resolve the issue, but not for long.  I just did it within the last 20 minutes and of course the message goes away and I can connect no problem, but after a short time, I'll get it again!  I just got it on my phone, went to my computer and connected my MacBook Pro to that network and it connected fine.  Checked my phone again and the message was gone.  Is it a matter of the channel it is on?  I know that it is set to automatically choose the best channel...  Should I choose the channel myself or is it totally unrelated to the channel.  Just really would like to reolve this issue once and for all...

Thanks

Manfred

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4
additude
Virtuoso

Re: Internet May Not Be Available

Manfred,

This issue as you have described could be caused by any multitude of issues and your description of the problem is less than desireable for troubleshooting it.

First try to divide and conquer please. Help us help you.

Eliminate all connected devices except one single device and see if the problem continues. Follow this procedure for each connected device..one at a time.

Pay attention to things that can interfere with your WiFi signal, like fans, microwave ovens, running appliances, location of WiFi router, etc.

You may also have duplicate SSID issues or other interferrances with a neighbors router or something other.

Please exhaust all those possibilities, verify and establish that it is "Related To" or "Not Related To" specific things...

Try to narrow down your problem to a bullet hole, not a shotgun blast....

Message 2 of 4
Manfred33
Aspirant

What, do you guys get a handbook with a bunch of scripted answers to provide?  I got almost the exact same answer, word-for-word in another section and the similarity is uncanny.  These "support communities" suck...  As I stated in the other thread, the manufacturers should be providing support and not wannabe experts....

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The community has a wide range of users with a wide range of expertise and knowledge. Users asking or help and support should not be critical of users here. Users coming to the community to be open to allowing and excepting help and information from users here in the community. If you don't care to allow or accept help and information from community users, then you'll need to find help elsewhere. 

The community is here to help and try to get users problems fixed as best as we can. After troubleshooting to help narrow down the main problem, if we can't get the problem solved, then it's users responsibility to make contact with NG support and get there problem solved there. More often then not, most problems are a end-user mis-configuration issue. 

If you don't want to except this so called help from "wannabe experts" then you'll need to phone contact NG support or file a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

"Don't bite the hand that feeds!"

Good Luck. 

@Manfred33 wrote:

What, do you guys get a handbook with a bunch of scripted answers to provide?  I got almost the exact same answer, word-for-word in another section and the similarity is uncanny.  These "support communities" suck...  As I stated in the other thread, the manufacturers should be providing support and not wannabe experts....

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7