Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet drops everytime Internet is accessed. C7800 – Nighthawk X4S—AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router

boostedgts
Follower

Internet drops everytime Internet is accessed. C7800 – Nighthawk X4S—AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router

Good morning!

I have Comcast as an ISP with their 250MBPS plan. Last night, the router (which is a Nickhawk X4S C7800 AC3200 and is a month old, literally) dropped Internet and started a firmware update. The firmware update hung, and I let it go for a couple of hours. Noticing nothing was happening, I rebooted the Router and the firmware was updated and I was able to login. Now, every time I access the internet, it completely disconnects from the internet within a few seconds. It will comeback up after a minute or two, but then it'll drop again the moment I access the internet again. I have rebooted it, I have restored factory settings and rebooted and everything in between I could find using Google and my phone. It still happens regardless. I've even tried enabling Guest Network, then disabling and rebooting (I mean anything). This morning I called Comcast to see if there was an issue on their end, and they said everything looks good.

When the Internet cameback up, I did manage to get a speedtest going and it was doing 140MBPS instead of its usual 260-270MBPS. But then soon after it dropped Internet again. Unfortunately, this runs my home office network and is relied upon for business.

Anyone able to offer any insight/help?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Internet drops everytime Internet is accessed. C7800 – Nighthawk X4S—AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Rou

Please post power table and event logs from the GUI for someone to help you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7