Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with password recovery with C6300

Redletters
Follower

Issue with password recovery with C6300

Recently I have been trying to access my modem to log in and check the connections as one of my roomates informed me he had given out the password to the router to a neighbor. Since then we've been experincing extreme lag on any device and I think it may be the neighbor stealing our wifi. 

So my first step was to log into the router and check the connections. When i tried logging in, the router would direct me to the password recovery page. Then when I tried to recover the password it would tell me the awnsers were inccorrect (Either they were changed or I don't remember the awnsers) I have tried running a factory reset already on the router to see if it would fix the issue and nothing seems to help. 

Any ideas I can try?

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issue with password recovery with C6300

Please post about this in the cable modem/gateway forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Issue with password recovery with C6300

Have you tried a factory reset with the coax cable disconnected from the modem, then press the reset button in back for 15 seconds then let go. Use a wired PC connected to the modem and see if the setup wizard appears.

@Redletters wrote:

Recently I have been trying to access my modem to log in and check the connections as one of my roomates informed me he had given out the password to the router to a neighbor. Since then we've been experincing extreme lag on any device and I think it may be the neighbor stealing our wifi. 

So my first step was to log into the router and check the connections. When i tried logging in, the router would direct me to the password recovery page. Then when I tried to recover the password it would tell me the awnsers were inccorrect (Either they were changed or I don't remember the awnsers) I have tried running a factory reset already on the router to see if it would fix the issue and nothing seems to help. 

Any ideas I can try?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7