Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

It would seem that my CM2000 is dead now

strykerzr350
Guide

It would seem that my CM2000 is dead now

I have had this modem for about 5 months now, and a simple power cycle using the reboot modem button on the devices UI page under where the MAC and serial number is bricked it or fried it. Now I have the flashing lights of death, it wont reset, it wont even show up as connected to my router, nothing. I had to activate my CM1000 until I get my support ticket approved to send the old one back. I only power cycled to see if the noise on higher channels would stop showing up. Self diagnosis before I call a costly truck roll to my house, and have to pay Xfintiy for a repair. 
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UckbwxFusYY
How could using something designed in the modem cause this? All my power cables, all my coax is fine it would seem. 

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: It would seem that my CM2000 is dead now

I would contact NG support:

https://my.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

I've rebooted mine many times and haven't had any problems. 

Message 2 of 7
strykerzr350
Guide

I already contacted them prior to me making this thread. How long does it take for them to get back to me?

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

We don't have that resource here in the forums. 

Might contact a forum moderator as well:

@DarrenM @olympos1625 

Message 4 of 7
strykerzr350
Guide

This kinda bums me out it actually had a password on it that was kinda cool. Plus I hate it when tech decides to not work. This is literally my first ever modem that died on me and I have been using DOCSIS since 2008.

I got my CM1000 running right now as a means to be able to have internet in my house. While I wait for support.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Have you checked he power adapter for the CM2000? Volts and Amps to spec at the tip?

Message 6 of 7
strykerzr350
Guide

I dont have a multi meter, but I used the PSU from the CM1000 and same thing. I can check the specs for the PSU from the CM700 I have.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7