Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Its good until it needs a firmware update

Saiban
Tutor

Re: Its good until it needs a firmware update

Xfinity Comcast

I understand what your saying, but Im not waisting another weekend going back and fourth between NG and ISP

I even told the NG rep to stay on hold and will do a 3-way call so he can explain exactly what I've been telling the ISP.

They agreed but then hung-up and didnt wish to join that conference call
Message 26 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, the agent at CC is not doing there job. XF and CC are ones that usually support FW updates on user owned modems.

This is ON them. Hope your modem won't need same thing later on down the road. It's user owned. 

Good Luck. 

Message 27 of 30
Saiban
Tutor

So why would NG approve of something that the ISP hasn't.

Meanwhile the consumer is SOL with a pieace of equipment from NG.

Good Luck is not something I want to hear after spending this kind of money from either parties.

Who's going to refund my equipment ?... Lets start with that
Message 28 of 30

@Saiban wrote:

Who knows if the ISP has approved new firmware? That isn't the point. Maybe it has, but it does not want to put it out to users. Maybe it hasn't approved it because it refuses to pay for the process.

There are dozens of ISPs. Some may well be two-bit local operations, with poor technical support. You can tell that from the messages that turn up here when people pass on what conversations they have with ISPs. With so many different players, Netgear, a global business, isnlt in a position to know the ins and outs of every ISP out there.

Meanwhile the consumer is SOL with a [piece] of equipment from NG.

You are in the same boat regardless of the brand of cable modem. As @FURRYe38 says, good luck.

Message 29 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't approve what the ISP hasn't. Is NOT NG responsibility to approve anything AFTER it's sent to the ISP. NG develops and tests the FW at the NG level, then passed it on to the ISP. The ISP is the LAST party to get the FW and test and certify it ON THERE NETWORKS. If it passes there testing and gets certified, then they push out to user modems. Clear now? 

You should contact the ISP and ask for escalated support from them. I know Xfinity does push FW to user owned modems. We've helped to test this.

Good Luck. 

@Saiban wrote:

Meanwhile the consumer is SOL with a pieace of equipment from NG.

Good Luck is not something I want to hear after spending this kind of money from either parties.

Who's going to refund my equipment ?... Lets start with that

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7