Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Just purchased Nighthawk CM1150V and RAX80 for use with xFinity

TedInCall
Tutor

Just purchased Nighthawk CM1150V and RAX80 for use with xFinity

Guess the CM1150V is so new it's not even in the model list!

First I have to say I am very DISSPOINTED that after buying the CM1150V and RAX80 to pair via link aggregation I come to find out it requires a firmware upgrade not yet available (and you have to wait for comcast to push the upgrade)

Now, all of that said, I also have gig speed service and this won't get over 580 mbps hardwired to the 1 (also a surprise) usable ethernet port, Comcast does not know why ... Anyone have this and have it working properly?

Message 1 of 4
darkangelic
Aspirant

Re: Just purchased Nighthawk CM1150V and RAX80 for use with xFinity

Netgear stated in the product announcement that LAG was going to be activated in a future release, and is not currently working. 

Second, is that speed test done with a direct ethernet connection to the modem, without the router? 

Message 2 of 4
TedInCall
Tutor

Hi @darkangelic ,

That's not a prodcut announcment, that's a small footnote on the bottome of product page that people are not going to see and no other details anywhere when it might become avaialble and if you buy at the store you would think it offers LAG since it's listed on the box (Not listed as coming soon)- Keep in mind that your provider has to push the firmware update (you don't get to do it yourself), so it could be months, years, or never before Comcast pushes an update. All in all rather quite misleading!

The box also says it has 4 ethernet ports, careful searchs reveal it only has 1 usable port, the rest are for LAG - Also misleading!

As clearely posted in my message, it's hardwired to the 1 available ethernet port. 

P.S. It appears there are many others indicating the modem is not delivery gig speed on comcast/xfinity (I'm not the only one)

Message 3 of 4
jrowlands
Aspirant

I have the Netgear CM1150v Docsis 3.1 cable modem telephony and am curious about the downstream channels. Channel 32 is not locked on. Channels 1-31 are locked on, but I do not see any of the Docsis 3.1 frequencies allocated to the modem. I was told the Docsis 3.1 frequencies are above 677Mhz. My frequencies are 477-677. I am experiencing erratic download speeds while the upload speeds are somewhat consistent ranging between 32-41mbps. Downloads range from 647mbps down to 25mbps. Powering the modem, re-provision from xfinity, multiple technician visits, and so on. Any help?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7