Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Looking for a Netgear Router Recommendation

robertb2
Aspirant

Looking for a Netgear Router Recommendation

Can someone please suggest a Netgear router that supports assigning a block of 5 static ip address attached to different servers? I am in the process of migrating my internet from Uverse to WOW. My Uverse-supplied Pace 5268AC gateway does a good job of handing out static addresses to my virtual servers and private ip addresses to my laptops, phones, and other wireless devices. With WOW I'm starting with a cable modem and I need to attach my own router. Problem is I have no idea which router can accomplish the same task. Any suggestions? Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

None of the Home Networking routers offerred by Netgear can handle a block of static IP addresses unless you load third-party firmware.  You'll need to step up to their Business Networking gear, specifically their UTM and VPN firewalls.

In that space, you may also want to consider a Ubiquiti Edgerouter.  While it has a GUI, some of the advanced functions are only accessible through the CLI.  It may be possible to set up a static block through the GUI.  I'm just not sure because I've never tried it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

None of the Home Networking routers offerred by Netgear can handle a block of static IP addresses unless you load third-party firmware.  You'll need to step up to their Business Networking gear, specifically their UTM and VPN firewalls.

In that space, you may also want to consider a Ubiquiti Edgerouter.  While it has a GUI, some of the advanced functions are only accessible through the CLI.  It may be possible to set up a static block through the GUI.  I'm just not sure because I've never tried it.

Message 2 of 3
robertb2
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion.  I looked into the EdgeRouter, it looks like it will be perfect for my needs.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7