Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Model C7100V is not working for Xfinity Voice- Choppiness

ah1970
Follower

Model C7100V is not working for Xfinity Voice- Choppiness

We purchased the Nighthawk AC 1900 router because it says that it is made to work with Xfinity Internet and Voice. We have had nothing but problems using voice. Internet is fine. When I am talking to someone, voice is choppy and I can't hear some of what the caller says. We got another router from Netgear, but this one does the same thing. We borrowed a rental Xfinity router and we had no issues with voice. I talked to Netgear and they said that there is no firmware update to fix this problem. Others on this board have had this issue. What can I do? I feel like I just wasted $275 on this router and can't get a solution from Netgear. 

Model: R6800|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
dpmacv
Initiate

I am have the same issue here and feel the same way spent a lot of money and the ting is not working. I have to reset the unit at least once a week and it is frustrating. I am hoping that there is a firmware update to fix this issue or I just bough an expensive router

Message 2 of 10
RichPublic
Tutor

Same issue here.  Need Netgear Firmware update.

Message 3 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello everyone 

I have checked on this issue and we do have firmware to address the issues with voice quality right now it is going through certification with Comcast and I do not have a ETA on a release of that firmware.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 10
RichPublic
Tutor

Thanks Darren.  For those having this issue, there are threads on the Comcast support forums about this as well.  I started this one to try to find out about the firmware update and when it may be released to customers.  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Devices-and-Equipment/Netgear-C7100V-Firmware-Update/m-p/3047195#M1030...

Message 5 of 10
ronpluscheri
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem.  I have not been able to find a solution and I agree this seems to be a waste of money.

Message 6 of 10
RichPublic
Tutor

Comcast is in the process of rolling out Firmware 2.01.33.  This is supposed to have a fix for our issue.  In the meantime, I have been using the NetGear iOS App to reboot my router once per day and that has been keeping things usable until a fix is obtained.  I don't like the fact that we have to wait for Comcast but that seem to be more a Comcast issue than a NetGear issue.

Message 7 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone 

I have been informed that comcast is planning to roll out the firmware on 2/28 if there are no issues or delays.

DarrenM

Message 8 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The firmware was released by comcast today you may want to do a reboot on the modem by unplugging the power and powering back on so the modem will download the new firmware.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 10
RichPublic
Tutor

I rebooted and got the new firmware as expected. Fingers crossed.
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7