Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Momentary (Frequent) Loss of Connection upon DHCP IP Assignment - WNDR4500v3

Daveallen10
Follower

Momentary (Frequent) Loss of Connection upon DHCP IP Assignment - WNDR4500v3

Router Model: WNDR4500v3

Router Firmware Version V1.0.0.56 (latest)

Modem: Arris TM1602A MTA

ISP: Charter Cable (WI)

Connection Setup: Modem provided by ISP, recently upgraded. Wired connection from Modem to router. Wireless connection (both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) to multiple devices (up to 5). 

Settings: Dynamic IP, DNS automatic, Default MAC address. reserved IP address for my desktop computer (recent in response to this issue, but made no difference). Using Router as DHCP server. IPV6 turned on (recent in response to this issue but made no difference). 

Issue: My connection drops momentarily every 30min - 1 hr very consistantly. I get a "connection lost"  message from the online games I play which usually requires me to restart that game. This has happened at least 20 times while I have been using the computer at probably is happening all the time. I have noticed in the logs that I lose connection exactly when the router is reassigning the IP address for the computer I am using. Logs always show:

[DoS Attack: ARP Attack] from source: xxx.xxx.xx.xxx, Monday, October 01, 2018 18:11:15
[DHCP IP: xxx.xxx.x.xx] to MAC address d8:cb:8a:ca:1d:a8, Monday, October 01, 2018 18:11:14

Model: WNDR4500v3|N900 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Momentary (Frequent) Loss of Connection upon DHCP IP Assignment - WNDR4500v3

Do you see any T3 or T4 timeouts in the logs?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7