Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My Netgear C7000-100NAS Nighthawk DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Mode is not getting the full speeds

iamjgo
Aspirant

My Netgear C7000-100NAS Nighthawk DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Mode is not getting the full speeds

I just bought a new Netgear C7000-100NAS Nighthawk DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Mode and replaced my old netgear modem.  Before I switched them, I was getting > 100 download and > 10 upload speeds on the older model.  I set it up using the standard set up recomendations.  Now I am getting ~ 35 on download speeds and >10 on upload speeds.  I used the same cables and connections, but I still can't get more speed out of it.  Any suggestions on what I should check?  I am not super technical, but I am pretty tech savvy.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: My Netgear C7000-100NAS Nighthawk DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Mode is not getting the full speeds

I recommend posting this here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Or have a moderator move this to the correct section.

Disable any QoS settings on the modem. Speed test with a LAN wired PC. 

Message 2 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

Having modem with DOVSIS 3.0 is one thing. This means just the capability of the modem. It depends on your ISP. Another word modem is a

passive device. It can not dictate the line speed or band width.

Message 3 of 5
iamjgo
Aspirant

I have xfinity and this is a modem they recommend - I have 200 blast speed so I should be getting a lot more than 35.  My previous older modem only handled up to 100 which is why I changed.

Message 4 of 5
iamjgo
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll try these suggestions.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7