Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My Netgear CM1000 is not connecting with the router.

wellworthalsvin
Follower

My Netgear CM1000 is not connecting with the router.

Hi, I have Netgear Nighthawk R7900P WiFi Router I was trying to upgrade to TP-Link Tri-Bank AX11000 WiFi-6 Router. I made the changes according to the guideline and switched cable modern and router (R7900P) off and switching the router to new TP-Link AX11000 router.... Unluckily I am my Internet connection is not working from the new router AX11000 after swapped. Do I need to hard reset my CM1000 Cable Modem? Anyone experienced similar issue? Your suggestion will be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

did you power off the cm1000 for 2 minutes with nothing connected? Even disconnect the coax cable. 

then connect the coax back to it and power it on. give it a couple minutes to fully boot.

Then connect the router and power the router on. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Cable Modem products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@wellworthalsvin wrote:

Hi, I have Netgear Nighthawk R7900P WiFi Router I was trying to upgrade to TP-Link Tri-Bank AX11000 WiFi-6 Router. I made the changes according to the guideline and switched cable modern and router (R7900P) off and switching the router to new TP-Link AX11000 router.... Unluckily I am my Internet connection is not working from the new router AX11000 after swapped. Do I need to hard reset my CM1000 Cable Modem? Anyone experienced similar issue? Your suggestion will be appreciated. 

Message 3 of 5

I'm not sure that I follow what is going on there. It does not help that the message almost unreadable, thanks to being underlined and bold. (I suspect some sort of glitch in the bulletin board software.)

Are you asking for help to replace an R7900P with a TP-Link Router? If so, this isn't the right place to seek help. TP-Link knows how to set up its devices.

If it is the CM1000 you want help with, you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Remember, when you say "CM1000 is not connecting with the router" you have to think of it as the router not connecting to the modem, rather than the other way round. First connecting the modem to the Internet, then work out how to connect the router to that.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@wellworthalsvin wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7