Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: My c6250 connects to some devices but not others

johnphelan207
Follower

My c6250 connects to some devices but not others

Last night the wifi coming from my router/modem (all in one combo) stopped working for my macbook and xboxone BUT it still works for my iphone.  It's been working perfectly for 2 years.

Running the ethernet cable from the unit to my laptop allows the internet to work. 

Going into the router settings tells me that the unit is connecting with the devices and reads their IP and Macs.

My unit is running firmware version V1.01.26

I can't believe i was dumb enough to buy a Netgear 😞

Model: C6250-1AZNAS|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

@johnphelan207 wrote:

Last night the wifi coming from my router/modem (all in one combo) stopped working for my macbook and xboxone BUT it still works for my iphone.  It's been working perfectly for 2 years.

Running the ethernet cable from the unit to my laptop allows the internet to work. 

Going into the router settings tells me that the unit is connecting with the devices and reads their IP and Macs.

I can't believe i was dumb enough to buy a Netgear :-(------you stated its worked perfect for 2 years but you have issues and think its because its a netgear product?

Have you tried changing wifi channels? mabe something has started broadcasting on the channels you're on and causing problems?

How are the xbox and macbook connecting? 2.4ghz 5ghz?  

Does one band work and not the other? 

If you log into your settings, did one band get disabled? 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

this would also be the forum for cable modem/router combo devices:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Have you set up some IP address reservations for your devices? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

If the modem and wifi have been working, doesn't mean that the modem is totally at fault here. 

@johnphelan207 wrote:

I can't believe i was dumb enough to buy a Netgear 😞

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7