Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My upload speed is very low

Aktright
Aspirant

My upload speed is very low

This started last week and was fixed by calling my ISP which they reset something on their end. Now a week later, I'm having the same problems this time them resetting on their end only temporarly fixed it and now I'm back to very low upload speeds. I usually get 20mbps and now I fluctuate from .05 - 3mbps. They said everything is good on their end twice and then asked if my modem is the problem. I've already factory resetted my modem to see if that was the problem and still no so I'm trying to rule out if my modem is the problem. I checked the cable connection and uploaded it here to see if any of you could help me out if the modem is the problem.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: My upload speed is very low

You're cable connections signal strength is very high. Optimal is -7.5dbmv to 7.5dbmv.  You're hitting 13dbmv.  

Its not causing any downstream errors and your upstream power looks fine but its still a bit concerning to be running that hot. 

Do you have your modem logs? 

Message 2 of 4
Aktright
Aspirant

I do. I'll add it as an attachment here. Do you think it's the modem or probably and issue that an Xfinity tech needs to fix when he gets here tomorrow?

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

The tech needs to check the line. Between your high power levels and your logs, you have power issues/signal issues. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7