Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 C3000 Will the C3000 reset itself after a power outage? I am away from home several days often

robb-bob
Aspirant

N300 C3000 Will the C3000 reset itself after a power outage? I am away from home several days often

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
robb-bob
Aspirant

Re: N300 C3000 Will the C3000 reset itself after a power outage? I am away from home several days o

Yes, it did reboot and working properly.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: N300 C3000 Will the C3000 reset itself after a power outage? I am away from home several days o

theoretically it should. I've had mine reboot normally after power failures. 

But if you're getting that many power failures, I'd look into a backup power supply. they're fairly inexpensive and are great to protect expensive electronics. After loosing 1 router, I invested in a backup power supply. nothing like loosing a several hundred dollar router to make a backup power supply look cheap. 

Message 2 of 5
robb-bob
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I just got off the phone with a Netgear tec who told me that the C3000 will not reboot on its own after power is restored.  He recommended  a UPS.  Now I am confused.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

Try it. Simply unplug it, wait a minute and plug it back in. Does it boot?
Message 4 of 5
robb-bob
Aspirant

Yes, it did reboot and working properly.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7