Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N450 CG3000Dv2 - 1 LAN Port working and can't connect wirelessly

pdunn_NetG_Buye
Aspirant

N450 CG3000Dv2 - 1 LAN Port working and can't connect wirelessly

Hello, after two years and half, I am having issues with my modem.

Symptons:

1) Of the 3 devices that I connect, the laptop and PS3 stopped connecting wirelessly, but the newer desktop used to connect.  This week the newer computer stopped connecting wirelessly.

2) Using the LAN ports, the 1st port is the only one that is working and will connect to the internet.

What are some troubleshooting methods to find the issues?

What are some corrective methods to solve this issues?

What are some preventative measurements that help mitagate the issues, assuming a get a new modem? 

Thank you for any usefule input.

Model: CG3000D|DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: N450 CG3000Dv2 - 1 LAN Port working and can't connect wirelessly

Hello pdunn

It sounds like it switched into modem only modem with no router functions. Have you changed anything on your cable plan if so they could of messed something up with your modem on there billing system you may want to contact the ISP have them do some reboots make sure its coded correctly. If that is not the issue you may want to factory reset the modem by holding the reset button for 10 seconds and then set the modem up again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
pdunn_NetG_Buye
Aspirant

When I finally was able to log into the modem (I forgot the address and forgot to look it up), I seen that 

1) I have a new structure of interacting with the modem.  The NetGear Genie page was not there the last time I logged in, it was something else looking more akin to a 1990's interface.

2) My Wireless was disabled.

My best guess is there was a firmware update that maybe turned my Wireless off.  Once turned back on, I was able to connect my devices.  Odd how the old devices lost wireless a week before the newer device.  

However, I still have only one working LAN Port and I don't see any option that looks like it will reset the LAN Ports.  I do see under ADVANCED/Cable Information LAN Port is written in blue (while everything else is black) and it has no information associated with it (unlike other things that have status or address or numbers.

I now have all devices connected, but I still would like to know how to get LAN working again.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello pdunn

You could try to factory reset the modem and see if the Lan ports come back on.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7