Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: N450/CG3000Dv2 WiFi drop and Interface Lockup

chmng
Aspirant

@hammack wrote:

Hey SKEETWALES,

I'm a little late in the game.  Of course I'm having the same issues.  I did the hard reset, but the firmware 3.01.06 is still installed.  And I'm still having all the same problems.  What more can I do to fix this?

After the hard reset, firmware will still show 3.01.06. But if the hard reset is done correctly, you should see that all settings (e.g. admin password, wireless network, etc.) have been returned to default (e.g. "admin" password is back to "password").

Message 76 of 78
factfinder
Aspirant

@chmng wrote:

@hammack wrote:

Hey SKEETWALES,

I'm a little late in the game.  Of course I'm having the same issues.  I did the hard reset, but the firmware 3.01.06 is still installed.  And I'm still having all the same problems.  What more can I do to fix this?

After the hard reset, firmware will still show 3.01.06. But if the hard reset is done correctly, you should see that all settings (e.g. admin password, wireless network, etc.) have been returned to default (e.g. "admin" password is back to "password").

I believe the hard reset just restores factory default settings, not firmware version rollback which is exactly what I want to do.  I am having many of the same issues and in addition, I have an ATA (for VOIP calls) connected and it worked perfectly BEFORE the firmware upgrade to Genie.  Now I can't get any inbound calls.    Does anyone have a link to download the original v1 firmware?  I really want to do a rollback.

Message 77 of 78
Skeetwales
Star

You are correct.

The reset, just completes the firmware update.

My connection and wireless settings stay solid now, with the new firmware.

I have not found a way to rollback the firmware to 1.0. 

Message 78 of 78
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7