Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 Model C3700 and Canon PIXMA Wireless Printer

Joolz_Wolf
Novice

N600 Model C3700 and Canon PIXMA Wireless Printer

Newbie here having trouble connecting the wireless printer to the new modem router. The NETGEAR Genie sees the Canon printer, but I can't print. Can anyone help? I'm at a loss. Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
jlewter
Guide

Re: N600 Model C3700 and Canon PIXMA Wireless Printer

My inlaws printer fails regularly unless I use it via USB, I dare say the failings of the print servers used on much of this kit leaves a lot to be desired.

From your computer see if you can browse to the printers IP (Most printers have some sort of basic admin / status web portal, and you can even "restart" the print server from there)...

Also, this cant work across a "Guest" network as those devices are isolated.

Try to "Ping" the printer, it should work just fine.

And what are you printing from, computer or something else?
Message 2 of 3
Joolz_Wolf
Novice

Re: N600 Model C3700 and Canon PIXMA Wireless Printer

jlewter wrote:
My inlaws printer fails regularly unless I use it via USB, I dare say the failings of the print servers used on much of this kit leaves a lot to be desired.

From your computer see if you can browse to the printers IP (Most printers have some sort of basic admin / status web portal, and you can even "restart" the print server from there)...

Also, this cant work across a "Guest" network as those devices are isolated.

Try to "Ping" the printer, it should work just fine.

And what are you printing from, computer or something else?

Thanks. I just figured it out. I didn't realize that I had to set the wireless printer up from scratch using the software that came with it. After doing that, the printer "found" the new router.

Again, thanks for responding. I'm good to go.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7