Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N600 Wifi Cable Modem model C3700v2 - wont let me use generic admin/password to login into genie app

LaurenP00
Follower

N600 Wifi Cable Modem model C3700v2 - wont let me use generic admin/password to login into genie app

So I am connected to internet after I set up my cable modum router. I was able to use the password it gives you along with the "NETGEAR" SSID. But when I go into the Netgear Genie App to go and like customize my netowrk name and change the network password... it is syaing the username (admin) and password (password) are incorrect... but that's what it tells me to use to login since they are the generic username and password to login initially. It won't even let me type another username.. it just stays (admin) and only lets me type the password but when I tpye the generic one (password) it says they are both incorrect. So mainly the problem is I can't login to the GENIE app to customize my network name and network passord.  Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: N600 Wifi Cable Modem model C3700v2 - wont let me use generic admin/password to login into genie

Can you log into the C3700s web page with a wire connected PC and web browser? 

Try this. Also please try a different browser if your using Chrome. IE11, FF or Opera. 

Users are reporting the Chrome v77 is giving bad experiences with log in pages. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7