Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS and Xfinity 250 Mbps sevice

WesWongWithYou
Aspirant

NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS and Xfinity 250 Mbps sevice

I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue with Comcast. I was previously on their 150 Mbps plan with the CM500-AZNAS mode and everything worked fine. I recently upgraded to their 250 Mbps plan and everything seems to be running okay (I actually get higher than rated speeds). However, I'm getting emails and phone calls saying that my modem is not giving me full speeds and that I should upgrade.

When I check their to see what's compatible with my plan, it lists the CM500-100NAS but not the CM500-AZNAS. Aren't they the same thing? If so, then why would I still be getting notifications? I know some of other modems like the CM1000 list both the standard and the amazon versions. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced something similar and if anything came of it.

Model: CM500-1AZNAS|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS and Xfinity 250 Mbps sevice

Your getting phone calls from whom? Comcast? If so, then it's there marketing trying to get you to buy something. Ignore these calls. IF your getting to spec speeds then you'll be fine. There the same thing. 

The only thing with the CM500 is that it's getting a bit older and it's about 4 years old now. At somepoint you may want to upgrade. 16x4 channels where ISPs are moving to 32x8 channel support. 

Message 2 of 4
WesWongWithYou
Aspirant

Gotcha! Yeah, it's robo-calls from comcast (I double-checked the phone number. It's legit)  as well as emails and occasionally a pop-up in my web browser that tells me to contact them about a new modem.

I'll definitely be updating down the road for sure. Especillay if I move up to higher tiered services. I was just surprised they were pushing so much when this model was listed as being compatible. Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Figures. Ya, keep the CM1000 or 1100 in mind. Good modems. Stay away from Intel chipset based modem. Known issues there:

http://www.badmodems.com/

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7